Talk

Advanced search

getting rid of the little bits of light.....

(6 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 12-Apr-05 16:47:23

DD has black out blinds and curtains but there are still quite sizable gaps at the edge of the window and the top and bottom (the blind mechanism is to blame at the sides, not sure why at the top and boottom.

What wonderful ways have you found to be rid of these blasts of light as I really dont want to be woken up at 5.30 when the sun rises please!!!

RosiePosie Tue 12-Apr-05 17:25:10

I purchased a piece of blackout material exactly the same size as the window ( including frame ) and some stick on velcro. The material is velcoed on every night, and easily removed in the morning . I did find the velco on the material not sticky enough though, so had to reinforce with u-hoo glue.

mckenzie Tue 12-Apr-05 19:55:07

that sounds like a good idea rosieposie. has it ever fallen off?

bagpussmice Tue 12-Apr-05 20:27:03

my blackout blinds are the same in dd2's room... I use bluetak to stick them to the window frames! it helps a bit

RosiePosie Wed 13-Apr-05 09:57:26

No, it's never fallen off. We've had the same material and velcro up in ds' room for nearly 2 years

mckenzie Wed 13-Apr-05 12:48:05

bought the fabric today so will get cutting and sticking at the weekend. what size velcro did you use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now