Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping on side

(6 Posts)
evansmummy Mon 11-Apr-05 20:27:55

Just having a panicky moment. I know the SIDS guidleines are to put babies to sleep on their backs and never on fronts or sides. But my ds sleeps really badly on his back, and really well on his side. We've been putting him down on his side for all sleeps and naps etc for a couple of weeks now, but am just having a big worry that it's too dangerous. Anyone's opinions?

kid Mon 11-Apr-05 20:32:47

From the day DS was born I layed him on his side. I knew he wasn't allowed to sleep face down and I had no intention of doing that anyway.
I think on their side, if they are sick, it just dribbles out, I worry if they are sick when on their back they swallow it all.
DS is 3 now and a bit of a nutcase, maybe a link there?!

Hausfrau Mon 11-Apr-05 20:42:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PrettyCandles Mon 11-Apr-05 20:45:36

ds slept on his front for daytime naps from very early on, and at night from about 3-4m. Dd went straight on to her front from day one. Well not quite - for her 2.5 nights in hospital I compromised and put her on her side, none of the midwifes were bothered.

I found that they slept better on their fronts: wind came up more easily and gave them less grief, and they didn't rock and startle themselves awake. I reasoned that we don't smoke, we sleep in cool rooms, the baby was right next to me at night (and I woke at the least grunt) if not in the bed with us, they were born at healthy weights, etc etc so we were low risk for SIDS.

kama Mon 11-Apr-05 20:50:33

Message withdrawn

Slave2Babe Mon 11-Apr-05 21:01:07

DD is nearly six months and rolls onto her side or front in her sleep. There's not a lot I can do about it - I did worry about it at first and used to try to roll her back - often resulting in her waking and crying at me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now