Talk

Advanced search

dd nearly 3 has re-started napping anyones dc's done the same?

(3 Posts)
mothersmilk Thu 05-Feb-09 15:23:12

my dd stopped napping not long after turning two and just befor her brother arrived (which wasnt appreciated) we've had terrible bedtimes ever since bedtimes have got alot better since especially the last week but now she ahs started saying she's tired around 2 in the afternoon and on ocassion she's just dropped off to sleep i dont like to wake her as i never have with any of my dc's i always figured if they slept its because they needed to but with all the sleeping probs of the last 5 mo im wondering is it a good thing to let her nap again especially as we've managed to ail betimes again any advice is much appreciated
TIA

oregonianabroad Thu 05-Feb-09 15:25:10

my ds1 did the same (and still does on occassion; he's 4 in April). I have noticed he goes to bed a little later on those days, but I'm not too bothered as his behaviour is much improved by a short nap. I don't let him sleep more than 40mins to an hour though.

He is a bear if I wake him, unfortunately!

Habbibu Thu 05-Feb-09 15:28:28

dd is a bit younger (2.5) and has 2.5-3 hour naps in the afternoon. She sleeps really well when she's had a nap - even is she wakes at 5 and goes back at 7.15...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now