Talk

Advanced search

does it happen to you and your ds or dd?

(12 Posts)
sasa15 Thu 07-Apr-05 14:37:34

8 months old baby...go for a nap if he's tired after lunch...(half an hour later about 1pm today lunch at 12.15pm)he
wakes up always after half an hour, moan or cry for ten minutes and then he often but not always follow asleep again..for another 45 min-an hour....

Toothache Thu 07-Apr-05 14:40:40

Sasa15 - I've noticed this with my 8mth old dd. She goes to sleep at 11am-ish, wakes up at 12.30pm, has her lunch but is rrrrrreally narky afterwards.... took me a while to realise she wanted to go back to sleep again! She can then sleep for 2 hrs. It's like she only wakes up for food! .... she's like her mother

nailpolish Thu 07-Apr-05 14:41:31

if he is falling asleep after lunch maybe he is waking up to have a wee burp and goes back to sleep on his own - good boy if he does!

otto Thu 07-Apr-05 14:41:38

Apparently this is quite common. My ds used to wake after 45 minutes during naps and in the evening. He wouldn't go back to sleep by himself though, so I had to put him back to sleep, but he would then go on to sleep for longer. He's 12 months now and has almost grown out of it at home, but he often does it at nursery.

Toothache Thu 07-Apr-05 14:41:49

Actually, I misread your message!! Ignore my post!

Could he have a bit of wind thats waking him?

sasa15 Thu 07-Apr-05 14:46:13

oh toothache...is fine...still more info anyway...

yeah sometimes he has poo......but today he had one after lunch....

I wonder if he is the case to wait a bit longer before putting down....

what about 1.30pm.....

he's a good boy ...but sometimes...he just cry and can't go to sleep again...

today..I went to his bedroom...and cover him as he pushed his blanket away.......

but he does that even if he sleep in sleeping.bag...

I don't put him in sleeping bag...he get hot in the afternoon........

nailpolish Thu 07-Apr-05 14:48:15

have you tried putting him in his pram for daytime naps? then you can rock him easily

i sometimes think they like to hear you pottering around to soothe them, maybe just my dd2 though

nailpolish Thu 07-Apr-05 14:48:51

i put the radio on really really low in dd's room sometimes too, if i put her down awake

sasa15 Thu 07-Apr-05 14:52:13

does he sleep for more then an hour in the pram???

I thought could be an idea.....Ibut do prefer he sleeps in his cot...upstairs..and I can do my stuff downstairs...also noticed that he is light sleeper...so he might get more disturbed...but thank you nailpolish.......

I acutally tend to put him down in his pushchair for the morning nap...and sometimes leave him in the garden....

is it because they get old? He cries a bit before going down for naps...he use to go happy before....

otto Thu 07-Apr-05 14:59:50

It's just to do with sleep cycles. They come into a light sleep after 45 mins and if they know how to put themselves back to sleep they do. But some will wake fully even though they haven't had enough sleep.

sasa15 Thu 07-Apr-05 15:04:54

right...I guess..sometimes he knows how to back asleep...sometimes he doesn't...
few times didn't wake up....and slept one hour and half contin.

mmm...interesting....is I try to be very quite....so I don't disturb him...

but still doesn't always work...!he wakes up crying, tired and scratching eyes,,,,

otto Thu 07-Apr-05 15:13:03

I've found that if there is noise when ds goes into a light sleep cycle he is likely to wake up eg he seems to sleep very lightly at around 10pm so I avoid going up the stairs at that time, otherwise he can wake up. He does know how to go back to sleep himself, so this is no longer a big problem for us, but he hasn't learned how to do this at nursery, so still a problem there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: