Talk

Advanced search

Habit waking - advice please!

(5 Posts)
ellensmelons Fri 30-Jan-09 13:10:36

DS now 3 mo drinks like a fish and is in 6-9 month clothes. Since a cold he had 2 weeks ago, he has been waking at 3.30 am on the dot and i cannot get him to settle!! Before the cold he was waking nearer 5.30, so i know he can do it. I've tried shhing, patting, stroking, the dummy. He will go straight back to sleep after some watery formula, but seems almost frantic for a drink by the time he gets it. If i leave him to cry he gets louder and louder.... and i have a 16 month old i don't want to wake!!!

Sorry long post. Any top tips very gratefully received!!! xx

MrsBadger Fri 30-Jan-09 13:11:57

sounds like he's hungry

probably the onset of the 16wk growth spurt

feed him (proper stuff, not watered-down)

ellensmelons Fri 30-Jan-09 13:28:42

If i give him more than 2 scoops, it puts him right off his 7am feed tho, Less, and he wakes again at 5! (sigh!) But only 2 oz of water leaves him anxious and unsettled, so i make it up to 4 so he feels full. Honestly, it's like a science experiment sometimes..

ellensmelons Fri 30-Jan-09 19:31:46

Any other help gratefully received!

CharCharGabor Fri 30-Jan-09 19:34:25

I agree it sounds like a growth spurt. Forget about times and amounts and just feed him what he asks for (not watered down). He will settle down in a short while but right now he needs the extra calories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now