Talk

Advanced search

at what age?

(5 Posts)
Tipex Tue 05-Apr-05 22:20:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PrettyCandles Tue 05-Apr-05 23:00:25

7 weeks is still very early. Don't worry at this stage about setting up bad habits - you are, but you've plenty of time to change them . It sounds like you're doing the most importnat thing, sleep-wise, which is to keep night-times boring for him so that he has no incentive to stay awake.

At this age some babies will settle easily for daytime sleeps (my ds did) and some won't (my dd didn't).

Yoou're still getting used to your ds. Getting to know his rhythms and moods. Soon you'll find out when his best times are for daytime sleep and will be able to build on that. Or you could try putting him down at a time that seems right to you, but not leaving him, just giving him a quiet cuddle, putting him in his cot/basket, and stroking him for a while.

Some people feed the baby before a sleep, but I found that my two were very windy and rarely settled well after a daytime feed, so I would wake them for feeding (or feed them after they woke) and then have some awake-time afterwards.

PrettyCandles Tue 05-Apr-05 23:01:13

Do you swaddle?

Tipex Wed 06-Apr-05 21:35:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PrettyCandles Thu 07-Apr-05 14:14:25

If you're concerned about overheating, then slip a couple of fingers down the front or back to feel his skin on his chest or between shoulders. It should feel pleasantly warm, not cool nor sweaty. Swaddling can help a lot, especially if the baby is a flailer. Alternatively, if he likes to have his arms free - as my dd very clearly did - you could half-swaddle him so that the rest of his body feels the cuddle, but his arms are free, or you could tuck him in fairly snuggly with a sheet comin up to his underarms. And there is always that godsend for sleep: the sleeping bag.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: