Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to get 7-month old co-sleeper to change to cot

(2 Posts)
cats07 Mon 26-Jan-09 11:26:28

DS2 is 7 months, and we have co-slept since he was about 3 months. Although I hadn't intended to co-sleep, I've enjoyed it, however, he now tends to be quite restless in the bed, waking about 4-5 times a night, and I think it would be in all our interests if he moved into the cot!

Does anyone have any advice on how to do this? The cot is next to my side of the bed, and my current plan (subject to your collective advice!) is to lay him down in it when he first falls asleep (usually around 8pm), and then to return him to it after each subsequent feed or waking (am still bf-ing on demand).

Do you think this will work, or am I missing something?

AvonBarksdale Mon 26-Jan-09 11:44:49

I think this is a great idea. We did it that way with dd from about 5 months - I'd bf her to sleep, then put her in the bedside cot, bring her in to feed her in the night and usually put her straight back. It wouldn't always work, sometimes she wanted to be with me for the rest of the night but gradually over time she got much better at sleeping on her own. We moved her into her own room at 6 months but continued the same routine and she's now 10.5mo and happily sleeps in her cot all night. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now