Talk

Advanced search

2 year old having nightmares after bike accident. What to do?

(5 Posts)
Jojay Sun 11-Jan-09 20:32:40

My friend's little girl was involved in an accident a few weeks ago where she was in a trailer thingy being pulled along by her Dad on a bike. I'm not sure exactly what happened but somehow the whole lot turned over.

The little girl was unhurt except for a few scratches on her face, but obviously shaken up.

Now she's having nightmares about it and will wake up screaming, saying 'Daddy go crash' and '***'s face hurt'

During the daytime she seems to accept that everyone is ok, and chats about the accident quite calmly, but it's obviously going through her mind at night.

Any ideas on how to handle this?

Jojay Sun 11-Jan-09 21:20:09

Anyone?

Jojay Mon 12-Jan-09 20:54:19

edam Mon 12-Jan-09 21:00:07

no idea, sorry, beyond all the usual lots of reassurance. Maybe encourage her to draw a picture of it as a way of expressing her feelings - might get it all out of her system?

pinkem Mon 12-Jan-09 21:03:05

Bless her, Me and my ds(2) where staying in a hotel when the fire alarm went off late at night we all evacuated and waited for the fire engines etc.. (which ds loved). For about 2 weeks after my son was scared to go to sleep as he kept asking about the 'beep beep'.

We talk about it alot, drew pictures and did a reinactment with ds toys. We also showed him our smoke alarm and let him set it off so he knew where the alarm was coming from and that he could also turn it off.

Has she been in the trailer since? or is her last memory of it a bad one?

I hope she sweet dreams tonight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: