Talk

Advanced search

Does ne1 put there baby down to bed any later then 10pm or am i the only one??

(7 Posts)
daisey Tue 29-Mar-05 21:40:58

I dont start my babies routine until 9pm. He has his bath, gets dressed has a feed and then is rocked to sleep if im lucky he will go down at 10pm but at the latests its normally 11pm he will then sleep through until 4.30am. And finally awakes at 7.30am I fear putting him down ne earliar then this because I know he will be getting up at 4am wanting to play.

daisey Tue 29-Mar-05 21:44:40

Id love to be able to put him down at 8pm even if he did wake a couple of times during the night as long as I could settle him back to sleep until at least 7am. Im more of a night person then a morning person.

QueenEagle Tue 29-Mar-05 22:15:55

Daisey, you don't say how old your baby is? However, regardless of age I would say carry on what you are doing but very gradually bring the time you start the bath forward, say by 10-15 minutes each night. Also, try to keep your baby entertained and stimulated if poss for several periods during the daytime. Hopefully, this way baby will begin to distinguish between night and day.

My ds4 is nearly 15wks and this is what I do, sometimes it works better than others but I stick to it, as I did with my older children and you get there in the end. Good luck with it!

handlemecarefully Tue 29-Mar-05 22:16:14

Well I guess you can't have it both ways. Mine goes to bed at 7pm but is up by 6 am. Yours goes to bed later but isn't up until 7.30. "You pays yer money and takes yer choice".

Basically there isn't one best way - whatever suits you and your baby. I guess if you put him to bed earlier there is a risk he might be up with the larks - and since you are not a morning person, why not stick with your routine if it works.

Loochyloo Wed 30-Mar-05 12:56:12

My ds (8 months) went to bed religiously at 8ish and slept til about 7 but then when started giving eve meal (about 6) got v grumpy til bed time. Fab mumsneters sugested putting him to bed earlier if he was tired and it worked! He went to bed (bit earlier) and still woke up at same time (with roughly same naps inthe day)

So i guess if you do want to change give it a try. Sometimes think I am more hung up on watching the clock than he is. Does he seem tired before 10? Sounds like not from your post. Does he sleep loads in the day? Maybe try and cut back on early eve naps if you want him in bed earlier.
But as handlmecarefully says, if it's working for you at the mo then stick with it, if wee boy seems happy

daisey Wed 30-Mar-05 21:31:39

Hes just turned 6mths this wk. Sumtimes he gets tired arnd 8pm in which case we start his routine earliar as soon as he starts whinging but even then he doesnt seem to settle before 10pm. But he has got better with age when he was newborn he wudnt go down till 1.30 dead on and then he would sleep through til 7.30am so we have brought it forward alot since then. Thanx every1 for the advice I will def try bringing it forward even more.

ionesmum Wed 30-Mar-05 21:34:55

My dd was so much like this, in the end she grew out of it once she stopped having her daytime sleep, and now is asleep by seven each night! (She's three btw) So you might have to stick it out for a while, but it does get better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: