Talk

Advanced search

ds 'scared of the dark'

(6 Posts)
maisystar Mon 21-Mar-05 19:44:50

he won't go to sleep on his own anymore. he did until 2 weeks ago but now needs me to stay till he goes to sleep. soooo should i try and make him go to sleep on his own, or just stay with him till he goes to sleep?

i have put him to bed but can hear footsteps so any answers soonish would be good, pretty please

welshmum Mon 21-Mar-05 19:46:47

Does he have a little light on in his room? This helped dd - she's fine now. Light has t o stay on though

morningpaper Mon 21-Mar-05 19:48:03

Yes we got to this stage and just started putting a dimmable night light in her room. It's very low. Can't seem to turn it off though - she wakes up and shouts her head off. So it's on all night.

Whizzz Mon 21-Mar-05 19:49:59

We leave a dim light on all night & DS is OK.
I think that its acceptable & works for us

maisystar Mon 21-Mar-05 19:50:37

yes he has a light and it is on until2-3 wks ago he went straight of to sleep then he discovered a liking for witches. few days later he became (genuinely imo) scared of the dark so i stayed with him. have taken away all the witch books etc and am now wondering if he is taking the mickey!! he does not seem scared anymore

tigi Mon 21-Mar-05 19:50:48

My son has a lava lamp, he falls asleep watching it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now