Talk

Advanced search

its all gone haywire, 7mth old

(12 Posts)
hermykne Thu 17-Mar-05 08:26:28

he goes to bed religiously at 7pm after a breastfeed, is now 7mths and 2 weeks, eats well all day and feeds well too, but he still wakes between 10/11pm and then 2pm sometimes 4 and always 6 unless he slept til 5 and then its 7.30am (rare). i dont feed at 2am but do if its after 4.30am as i think he is hungry, do you think he would be?
i am fed up,
is it a case of c/crying now, he really can roar and roar and dd is such a good sleeper i am afraid he is going to wake her.

lucykatie Thu 17-Mar-05 09:12:50

i have no advice but in same situation...my dd2 is 6 months and goes to bed at 8pm...she goes down great...but wakes up at 1am and i put her in my bed but wakes up again at 4am....i havent fed her at all when she wakes as i think it will start something...she then wakes at 6am...i feed her then.

she also has great lungs and belts out the greatest of screams....not nice at 4am.

lets hope someone replies soon.
thinking of you.

hermykne Thu 17-Mar-05 10:23:18

so glad there is someone else out there, heres hoping for a brainwave

lucykatie Thu 17-Mar-05 10:28:57

lets bump it then....come on somebody must help us

hermykne Thu 17-Mar-05 12:15:42

bumping

floppsy Thu 17-Mar-05 12:56:57

i had the same prob with my dd2.When i spoke to my health visitor as i was tired of waking every few hours she suggested giving some water they could be thirsty & not to give milk as your rewarding them for waking.I did try it & must admit after two nights the whole waking up stopped & we had our first full nights sleep & that was the end of sleepless nights! Hope this helps.

hermykne Thu 17-Mar-05 15:21:04

flopsy thanks, on a misson tonight

lucykatie Thu 17-Mar-05 17:03:04

right then...here comes the water.

hermykne Thu 17-Mar-05 17:22:04

good luck lucy katie, i have threatened a teaspoon of dozol

lucykatie Thu 17-Mar-05 19:05:37

whats dozol?

good luck to you too.....let me know how you get on tomorrow.

hermykne Thu 17-Mar-05 19:17:33

its medicine with an anti histamine in it - induces sleep, omg thats soo irresponsible of me, but ds could be in teething pain or ache , and a pharmicist friend told me about it.

hermykne Fri 18-Mar-05 20:38:57

LK
last night was not too bad he still woke but settled, fed him at 10.30 woke at 2 resettled with dummy, woke at 4.30 i succumbed and fed him, hw woke at 6 and dh settled him and and then up at 7.30, so if i can crack the awakenings prior and after a night feed at 4 or so, i think i maybe sane..............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now