Talk

Advanced search

Waking up after 1 hour at night - what to do?!

(6 Posts)
SBailey Tue 15-Mar-05 14:50:04

Hi,

My 8 month old boy has always been a good sleeper, he naps well during the day and sleeps from 7pm until 8am. My only problem is that he wakes up almost every night after an hours sleep and most of the time he will scream for an hour(sometimes a minutes shushing gets him back over but not always), sometimes it seems he just wants company and at other times he's inconsolable. I don't know what to do and wondered if anyone had any advice on how to tackle this.

Luv Samantha
Charlie - dob 18.07.04

PrettyCandles Tue 15-Mar-05 14:56:02

Does he sleep on his front? Can he turn himself over? Maybe he woudl be more comfy on his front?

PrettyCandles Tue 15-Mar-05 15:07:20

And is he in a sleeping bag? You wouldn't believe how many nighttime sleep problems are cured by putting the baby to sleep in a sleeping bag .

SBailey Tue 15-Mar-05 15:18:55

He does sleep in a sleeping bag and tends to sleep on his side, although he can roll over he doesn't like being on his front and has only slept in that position once.

SBailey Tue 15-Mar-05 15:53:53

Would cc work? If so how do you go about it? I feel bad for complaining about this as he's such a good baby but I need to chill out and have some me time before I go to bed.

PrettyCandles Wed 16-Mar-05 11:23:10

I don't really know. The first things that occurred to me were:
overtired - but you say he naps well
disturbed by too much freedom - but he's already in a sleeping bag
rolling and you perhaps trying to get him to keep sleeping on his back - but you say he can roll back and and has a sleeping position that he maintains.

So I don't really know what to suggest. Although I did cc with my children, I wouldn't want to plunge straight into it before being certain that there isn't any other reason for the waking. Could he be teething? Does he have a cold? Could he have earache or tummyache? The fact that he's waking and screaming for an hour puzzles me - and suggests that cc might be a little tough.

Does he go to sleep on his own, or do you lull him to sleep?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: