Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried sleep consultants/clinic??

(9 Posts)
blossom2 Fri 11-Mar-05 07:44:21

Has anyone used a sleep consultant or clinic to help with their child's sleep problems???

In particular has anyone used 'natural nurturing'? there was a recent article about them in Junior Magazine.

I'm thinking of getting some help with DD.

any experience/advice would be appreciated.

hermykne Fri 11-Mar-05 08:12:47

blossom, how bad is she? and how old
i havent used anything that you suggest so cant advise sorry but curious

blossom2 Fri 11-Mar-05 09:52:56

DD is 3 years now and sleep has turned worse over the last few months. its bad because its causing me stress and i'm beginning to really dread putting her to sleep.

morningpaper Fri 11-Mar-05 09:54:39

From what I've read about clinics they basically train you in controlled crying techniques. I don't know how they would work with a 3 year old. You could try keeping a sleep diary and showing it to your Doctor and see what s/he suggests? Can't think what else to suggest?

welshmum Fri 11-Mar-05 10:05:53

Blossom - I have close friends who tried this when their boy was quite old - between 2 and 3 I think . I remember that it worked very well for them. They had a lot of advice about rituals before sleep and setting up the right environment as bedtime approached. It was less about cc as he was older. They live in London - could get contacts for clinic if you like although may take a couple of days.

blossom2 Fri 11-Mar-05 10:29:46

oh, that would be great if you could get contacts, Welshmum.

I just cant see the wood for the trees and although its only been a few of months, i know that if it carrys on, i'll go insane.

hermykne Fri 11-Mar-05 11:31:30

blossom is she in a cot or a bed, does that have any thing to do with it? have you other babies?
and does she nap in the day?

blossom2 Fri 11-Mar-05 13:34:43

its a long story but basically she is in he own bed in her own room. If she naps its for a couple of hours and doesn't go to sleep until 10.00pm. If she doesn't nap, then she falls asleep at 6.00pm but wakes up 2 hours later and doesn't sleep tunil 11.00pm. If i wake her from a nap she is really horrible for at least a couple of hours after.

i feel like i'm in a no win situation.

hermykne Fri 11-Mar-05 13:47:57

blossom 10pm! you poor thing, i think i would recude her daytime nap, what is she doing? to an hour and a half and put her to bed at 8pm, with a bath/story etc for maybe a week and she if that works, what time does she get up if shes in bed at 10pm.

and if its later than 8am, get her up , from the mean mammy school of sleep!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now