Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you just help me with the last bit....?

(8 Posts)
beansprout Thu 10-Mar-05 15:33:01

Ds (4.5 months) is currently waking once a night but I suspect it is for comfort rather than food as he really doesn't seem that interested in feeding. Trouble is, it takes the best part of two hours to settle him. In the evening he just drops off but he can get very unsettled in the night.

If he doesn't need to feed in the night, I feel I am so close (please) to him sleeping through but how can I get over this last bit? He is b/f and won't feed from a bottle at the moment, so water not an option.

TIA [can't believe there is not a knackered emoticon]

amynnixmum Thu 10-Mar-05 16:18:14

No advice beansprout - just bumping for u

laneydaye Thu 10-Mar-05 16:58:58

beansprout my dd is 4.2 mths and still feeding every 2/3 hrs through the night, so no advice sorry, but will be watching this thread for tips...xxx(oh & good luck)

bambi06 Thu 10-Mar-05 17:04:15

get your partner to go and settle them as if they get a whiff of mummy and their milk you`ve got no chance! and stick to it then they realise that theres no milk coming but it might be worth hanging on another month still , as they might just need a top up in the night to make them last longer..if he was to take a bottle it would be easier as you can slowly water down the milk or give sugar and water mix( 1/2 -1 tsp sugar to 4 oz water but only give for one week max) and if they get green stools it can be the sugar water mix as sugar is a natural laxative!!

hermykne Thu 10-Mar-05 17:47:08

beansprout i used a bottle of water in the night with ds to get him off feeding from me, in the hope that he would get feed up with being offered the bottle and now if he wakes he settles ok ish, with a few strokes and soothing.
its sorta working
but i have quit the night feeding

otto Thu 10-Mar-05 18:19:41

Can he settle himself when you put him to bed?

beansprout Thu 10-Mar-05 18:20:37

When he goes down in the evening, yes, he is fine. Seems to know his own sleep time. It's the rest of the time that is the problem!!

tassis Thu 10-Mar-05 19:09:28

If you feed him does he re-settle?

At this stage, if I fed ds we were both back to sleep very quickly. Sometimes you just have to do whatever's easiest.

It sounds like he's doing GREAT! Try not to obsess about the "through the night" thing. It will happen.

I found that the better they sleep through the day the better they do at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now