Talk

Advanced search

10 month old - sleep suddenly gone pear shaped - any ideas

(3 Posts)
firststeps Tue 28-Oct-08 09:58:26

My 10 month old DS2 has been sleeping reliably through the night fr about the last 4 or 5 months, however the last 3 nights he has suddenly started waking 3 and 4 imes in the night, but will go straight back off if I go in and put his dummy back in. He seems generally unsettled in his sleep and is crying out a few times in the night, but when I go and check on him he seems to be sound asleep. He already has 6 teeth and teething in the past hasn't disrupted his sleep like this. However he is cruising and getting really frustrated as he can't walk alone - could this be it. Any ideas, or has anyone else experienced this???

ches Tue 28-Oct-08 13:53:26

Yes, absolutely could be the walking, could be teething (molars are a different ballgame), but it is most likely separation anxiety.

fairylights Tue 28-Oct-08 14:03:46

not very helpful but our ds started this at the same age having been a fab sleeper thil then, and its only recently (he is nearly 2!) that he has started sleeping reasonably again.. i tell you this not to depress you but because i think he was teething and then after that we probably didn't work out what was teething/wanting attention so we created a bit of bad pattern which we didn't manage to "break" until we were absolutely exhausted and desperate.. not that i am encouraging you to ignore your ds if he is poorly/teething (poor little soul) but wanted to sympathise really. Its so gutting to have a good sleeper who becomes a terrible one! All the best..
btw my ds didn't walk til he was 16months and at that point he did start sleeping a bit better so if your ds is already cruising then might be hope! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now