Talk

Advanced search

room temperature

(9 Posts)
kentDee Tue 28-Oct-08 09:33:04

I posted yesterday about having my baby in a sleeping bag in her moses basket. I cant stop worrying about her being too hot/cold during the night, so yesterday I bought a grobag egg to put my mind at ease. They are very good and change colour when its too hot or cold in the room. The thing is last night when she went to bed dressed in vest,sleepsuit and sleeping bag [summer one] the grobag egg was an orange colour and 23 degrees, so I took off her sleeping bag. By the time i went to bed it had changed to red which is over 24degrees and obv too hot. I ended up having to open the window and the temp of the room did go down but surely I cant do this every night esp as winter has set in. Help anyone? I ended up watching the thermometer most of the night!!

poppy34 Tue 28-Oct-08 09:37:09

sympathies here - firstly is the grobag egg anywhere near a radiator? find it odd that its so hot given weather at minute.

If it is a hot room can you turn down/off the radiator or maybe have window open a little earlier in day to cool it down.

assuming you can get room bit cooler (which is what my dd room is) I'd go for the thicker grobag but less pyjamas option - have dd in sleepsuit/thick grobag at room of 21 degree and she has been fine (tbh she was waking up before when I had her in lighter grobag option as suggested on their instructions as she was so cold so I'm a bit hmmabout some of their suggestions)

kentDee Tue 28-Oct-08 09:42:56

We dont have a radiator in our room! I We do have a hot house though and our tv gives off alot of heat etc which travels upstairs??

Do you think I should not put her in a vest tonight then? Just sleepsuit and winter grobag? tia

poppy34 Tue 28-Oct-08 10:32:09

if it helps dd room usally about 21/22 and I either have her in long sleeve sleepsuit with 1 tog grobag or long sleeve vest and 2.5 grobag. I know that it suggests vest too but she is just too hot in it (I go by checking to see that her tummy/back of neck warm and that her feet and hands arent too cold)

kentDee Tue 28-Oct-08 10:45:24

thanks poppy34.

jojoisamum Tue 28-Oct-08 12:48:16

Yikes! I can't believe you room went to over 24 degrees. DS room dropped to 13 last night and I needed to put his heater on!

kentDee Wed 29-Oct-08 09:44:04

Last night the room temp was 22c which is much better, but I had left the window open a little throughout the day to cool the room!

whoisdoingthedishes Wed 29-Oct-08 12:33:06

I wouldn't trust the egg thermometer. Fancy as it looks, the light increases the temperature of the thermometer. Get a weather station/alarm clock (same price as egg) or just a cheap one with an indicator strip.

Test your DDs temperature by touching the back of her neck, if it's too hot or sweaty remove layers. If your DD is sleeping nicely I wouldn't worrry.

poppy34 Wed 29-Oct-08 18:36:46

godo point whosedoign the dishes - the monitors often say its warmer than it feels (seems to be 21 whatever it says) so I also go by the back of neck method

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: