Talk

Advanced search

4 & 2 year old still in our bed

(6 Posts)
shirleyvalentine Wed 09-Mar-05 16:59:31

Does anyone have any idea how we get our 4 and 2 year old to sleep in a bed of their own having had them in our bed since birth??????

Harrie Wed 09-Mar-05 21:30:10

Would they share a room with fun bunk beds? a relative of mine has just done this as her 2 year old was sleeping with her. Now she shares a bunk bed with her big sister.

trinityrocks Thu 10-Mar-05 07:57:28

Sticker charts, bribery, a hell of a lot of sleepless nights at first!!!!!!!!

Explain to them matter of factly that now it's just a cuddle in Mummy and Daddy's bed and that they have to sleep in their own. Maybe chaos new duvet covers or something special for the bedroom. Do they need a nightlight????? Make it a cute one, let them chose.

Tell them they get treats or presents or whatever if they stay in their own bed.
Then whenever they come into your bedroom, gently take them back again and again and again..........................
I guess getting them to start off in their own beds is also a big issue.......hmmmm, Lots of bribery, maybe special storytime included in a longer, exceedingly relaxed bedtime routine!!!! Calm talking and don't get drawn into arguments from the 4 yr old or screaming from the 2 yr old lol. Just explain cuddle and stick firm. If I were you I would ensure that you DH/DP was with you cos it'll be tough!!!!

Good Luck {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

trinityrocks Thu 10-Mar-05 07:58:34

I meant chose duvet covers he he he he

trinityrocks Thu 10-Mar-05 07:59:03

oh crap CHOOSE i mean

Bozza Thu 10-Mar-05 09:35:59

Do all the bribery thing and then be firm. My DS has a light on a timer that comes on at 7 am and he is not allowed to get up until that time unless he needs a wee. If he has a nightmare of whatever he will shout me/cry and I will go to him but thats infrequent. The light is one of those stars that go on the wall from Ikea and the good thing about it is that it doesn't actually wake him up. So he's either already awake and gets up when it comes on, or it's already on and he gets up when he wakes up. He also has his main light on a very low dimmer switch as a night light in case he needs to use the potty. Soon will be removing the potty and getting him to use the toilet. He is 4 but has had the light thing since he was two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now