Talk

Advanced search

How do I stop babywearing to sleep?

(4 Posts)
TexasChainsawMoussaka Fri 24-Oct-08 13:55:33

DS is now 21 weeks and weighs too much for me to carry on using the sling to sleep in. The trouble is it's the only place he will have a decent sleep, anywhere else he'll drop off eventually but only sleep for 1/2 an hour. I can get away with this for a couple of naps each day but if he doesn't get a long sleep at some point he ends up just having a total overtired meltdown.

He has no problem sleeping in a cot overnight and used to have long naps in the pram so I'm not sure why these days he has to be in the sling.

I would love to carry on with the sling sleeps but my back can't take it much longer... please help!

Mij Fri 24-Oct-08 21:53:41

I'm sure others will be along in a minute with other sleep suggestions, but as a starter, a couple of things:

1. Have you come across a book called The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley? It's not right for everyone (not a quick fix) but is nice because it's not a one-size-fits-all technique, and takes into consideration lots of different parenting styles/decision. Worth a look at the library..? Deals with naps as well as nightsleep.
2. Have you tried a different sling?! And what are you using at the moment? Front or back carry? A change of style, and maybe wearing on your back, might give your DS a few more months to settle into his own nap pattern.

smile

livysmum Sat 25-Oct-08 03:51:57

hey I thought about buying one of these before we got a basinet for my babyshower.

Its likea swing and when baby moves in his sleep it bounces to lull him back to sleep.

http://www.google.com/products?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SUNA_enCA288CA289&q=baby +hammock&um=1&sa=X&oi=productresultgroup&resnum=1&ct=title

hope it helps.

Or you could just google baby hammock yourself :D
good luck

livysmum Sat 25-Oct-08 03:53:22

Id say the MIYO one looks the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now