Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

stopping baby sleeping in car

(5 Posts)
scifinerd Thu 23-Oct-08 22:19:25

Hi I am having a nightmare with my 6 month old who will not sleep. Obviously the advice is to get some decent sleep routines during the day in his cot. But I have other children to take to and pick up from school so my baby falls asleep in the car several times a day. How on earth do you stop a baby sleeping in the car without causing a pile-up? I am pretty desperate and ridiculously sleep deprived so chances of a pile up are already high. Please help. Thank you

MrsBadger Thu 23-Oct-08 22:47:06

I wouldn;t bother

if you;re out and about with other kids a cot-based routine will cause you no end of grief

I;d start by developing a car-based routine instead, possibly involving sitting parked outside the house reading a book if he's fallen asleep on a short journey so he gets a decent kip.

Any nap is better than no nap when they are this small and overtired - you may also find when he's sleeping more in the day he sleeps better at night

PortAndDemon Thu 23-Oct-08 23:12:38

You can't stop a baby sleeping in the car. As MrsBadger says, if you have to go out and about in the car then it's probably better to go with it and get your baby napping somewhere, without focusing on where.

louii Thu 23-Oct-08 23:17:10

Thats the best thing about going in a car with a baby surely?

ches Fri 24-Oct-08 02:31:45

Oh they don't even start processing sequences until around 13 months so don't --worry about-- get too hung up on routines until then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now