Talk

Advanced search

What to dress 12mo DD in now the colder nights are here?

(10 Posts)
Jjou Wed 22-Oct-08 13:35:19

Sorry if this has been done to death, but i'm having an attack of the guilties about dd's bedtime attire. Basically she wears a vest, sleepsuit, cardie and 2.5 tog sleeping bag, but our house gets so cold i just don't see how she could be cosy! She hasn't complained but last night i had a vest top, pj bottoms, long-sleeved top and 2 duvets...and it's only October.

Hopefully I'm just nesh, and she's made of hardier stuff, but i feel so guilty that I'm snuggled under tons of layers, and she's in her little sleeveless sleeping bag. Help!

beeny Wed 22-Oct-08 13:39:13

I leave a free standing heater on number2

Jjou Wed 22-Oct-08 13:53:50

Do they cost a lot to run beeny?

carmenelectra Wed 22-Oct-08 13:58:20

Sounds like shes wrapped up well to me!smile

I dont use a sleeping bag anymore for ds(aged 1) cos now he can stand and walk. i am imagine he will try and get up in his cot and fall over. Is your dd ok?

Why dont you put blankets over her as well or a duvet now she is one?

I feel a bit guilty about my ds cos he sleeps in a babygro or pyjamas and had sheets and blankets, but wriggles out the top! I adjust when i go to bed, but dread to think what he is like in the night!

beeny Wed 22-Oct-08 14:00:48

I dont think so she would be cold otherwise.She wont keep blankets on,you can also put on a timer on the heater.

Jjou Wed 22-Oct-08 14:12:56

carmenelectra - she's ok standing up in her bag, doesn't seem to get tangled and bash her head or anything. A blanket or duvet wouldn't work as she's such a wriggler, tho i have considered draping one over her before i go to bed smile I think I'll look into a free-standing heater - it'll definitely be better than keeping the heating on all night...
i think i'm just being a bit daft, but i was blardy freezing last night and the night before, and felt terrible there's just a fitted sheet over her mattress and her sleeping bag which doesn't feel very thick! Beds are meant to be snuggly...

notyummy Wed 22-Oct-08 14:19:25

I am sure she is probably fine. My dd (2) is still in her sleeping bag because she loves it. She is in a 2.5 one, with a babygro, socks, longsleeved top. We have no heating on at night. As the winter sets in we do have a freestanding heater as well that we set a thermostat on in her room. I don't think it costs that much to run....put it this way, we always end up in credit in our direct debit account for electrictity so we obviously use less in this house than we should!

carmenelectra Wed 22-Oct-08 14:22:06

youre not daft. Beds are made to be snuggly and i feel a bit guilty that we are all cosy under the quilt and ds is at the top of his cot with the bedding at the bottom.I mihht look at a baby quilt. My dp says im mad cos ds has an all in one on which he says must be boilinggrin

If its any consolation though, your dd sounds a lot cosier and snugglier than my dssmile

Jjou Wed 22-Oct-08 14:32:56

My DP thinks I'm mad too! His reasoning is that if she's cold she'll wake up...
It's a bit barmy tho isn't it? You spend all the time when they're teeny worrying about overheating then they get a bit bigger and it's all "oooh they must freezing!" grin

Egg Wed 22-Oct-08 14:38:33

My DTs are 9 months old and only wear a l/s top in their 2.5 tog grobags. The heating is not really on at all yet, although occasionally on first thing in morning, but I think our house just doesn't get all that cold (yet).

I would prefer them to be a bit on the cold side than too hot, and am sure we will hear them complain if they get cold. As long as their legs and feet feel warm when I get them up in the morning I figure they were ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now