Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cough cough cough all night

(8 Posts)
nailpolish Mon 07-Mar-05 20:19:14

dd2 (4 mths) is perfectly fine during the day, but at night she is cough cough cough all night, hardly cries, so therefore i dont think she is waking properly, so i dont really go through. occasionally she has cried and i go through to give her a cuddle, she isnt hungry, just goes back to sleep after 20 mins or so sitting cuddling.

i went to the dr last week and he said her chest was clear, she had a cold a few weeks back and he said sometimes because their tubes are so tiny, they can be irritated for some time afterwards

i could give her calpol, but it doesnt really make me worry less, although she does sleep better if i give it to her

should i be worried? or does anyone have ansy tips to help her a wee bit?

TIA

nailpolish Mon 07-Mar-05 20:43:02

i know its boring, but anyone???

desperatehousewife Mon 07-Mar-05 20:45:12

tried raising her head end of cot a bit? What about a vaporiser thing that plugs into the wall - Iv'e got a Karvol one which is great when DS is blocked up and coughy.

I'm a bit of a Calpol queen me!

nailpolish Mon 07-Mar-05 20:51:03

i might try the vapouriser, and i already raise her head, which does help a bit, thanks. where did you get the vapouriser?

its a completely dry cough, like a tickly throat, she doesnt cough anything up or have a runny nose or anything else, not a single cough through the day at all

Janh Mon 07-Mar-05 20:58:10

Are there any tickly cough medicines for little babies or do they have to be at least 6 months (or even older?)

Could you raise her even higher, np? If being lifted for a cuddle (and more upright, presumably) helps clam her then it might make a difference.

Hope she gets over it soon anyway, poor lamb.

Oooh - just googled and found Benylin Children's Tickly Cough medicine - age 3months+ Worth a try? Tickly cough meds more effective than the other kind IME.

desperatehousewife Mon 07-Mar-05 21:15:51

NP,got the vaporiser plug thingy from a Lloyds chemist. I'm sure bigger Boots do them...I would think Vicks Vapour probably do them too.

fredly Mon 07-Mar-05 22:02:43

or if you don't want to invest in a vaporiser, just put a glass of water on top of the radiator (if it's switched on, obviously !). The water will evaporate.

chocolatefudge Mon 07-Mar-05 22:29:35

Hi nailpolish,

My baby has a cold and cough too she's had it since last Thursday even had it on her 1st Birthday. I had to sleep in her room with her on the single bed as she wouldn't go back in her cot (this was for 3 nights) Try Tixylix cough mixture i've used it for 2 days so far and it really has helped the one i have is for chest coughs and there's also one for dry coughs. I also rub a bit of vick under each nostril to help her whilst she's sleeping. Give your baby plenty of water. I was concerned with her cough so took her to the doctors this morning and he prescribed Amoxcillyn but he said only to give it if it gets worse.

Hope this helps!

chocolatefudge x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now