Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sleep - my 11 1/2 month old is still not sleeping through - any ideas?

(6 Posts)
CazaB Mon 20-Oct-08 16:46:45

My baby is almost 1 and goes to bed around 7.30pm and wont always take her nighttime bottle. She then wakes usually around 11.30 when i can only get her down by feeding her, then she is up again around 4am for a cuddle and then gets up at 6 or 6.30. I am going back to work in a few weeks and would love to know if anyone has had any similar experiences and what they did!!! Thanks Cazza

kristatwin Mon 20-Oct-08 20:12:21

How much sleep is she having in the day, also where does she sleep !!

Caz10 Mon 20-Oct-08 20:15:38

No advice, just sympathy! Also a similar thread here

DLI Mon 20-Oct-08 20:31:35

we used to keep ds awake after his afternoon feed, give him his last feed at about 10pm and then he slept until 6am. try not going to her at 4am, as long as she is safe she won't come to any harm. we didnt get any time to ourselves for the first eighteen months but we got a decent night's sleep!

ches Tue 21-Oct-08 03:08:30

Co-sleeping. That's what we still do because what you describe is a "good" night for us.

fourlittlefeet Tue 21-Oct-08 21:04:34

mine did this and at 11 months had had enough. was still breastfeeding but felt she didn't need night feed any more. gave her all the cuddles she wanted, but only water to drink. after two weeks (bear with me here) she stopped waking at that time. First two nights it took and hour or so to get her down, but that reduced quickly to 10/15 mins, and then she just started sleeping through it! I later found out she was teething at the time blush so particularly mean time to put us all through dropping that feed. Think if she hadn't been teething it would have taken about 4 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now