Talk

Advanced search

10wk old sleep 'problems'

(5 Posts)
CheekyGirl Mon 07-Mar-05 10:05:11

Ds is 10wks old and still bf 2-3hrly overnight. Bf roughly 3-31/2hrly during the day. He weighs 12lb 5oz so I thought he should be able to go longer than this by now. I can't get him to feed more during the day. Any ideas or is this normal? Thanks! Oh yes, he barely sleeps during the day, too! Not for longer than half and hour at a time, anyway.

Laylasmum Mon 07-Mar-05 10:20:56

i think i probably is normal as all kids are different. He's quite heavy for his age so i guess he just has a big appetite. my dd was similar and fed during the night until she was 6 months old. you may see a difference when you start to give him some solids if you decide to stat at 16 weeks but until then just try to go with the flow!

PinkWebby Mon 07-Mar-05 10:23:30

When my DD was that age I put her in a grobag to sleep. and it amazed me, she slept through the night. I would recommend trying them to anyone.

Dumpy Mon 07-Mar-05 12:25:35

Ive been breastfeeding my baby now for 6 months. She fed every 2 hours on the dot untill she was about 3 months old. Then it went to every 3 and still is even though shes been on solids for a month!! It feels like the sleepness nights will never end, I know, but it does get better! Feeding solids has no effect whatsoever on sleeping, and people are always saying that I should put her on formula so that she will sleep through. But whats the point in that? I'm definately not stopping breastfeeding now I've come this far! What I do as well is give her an extra feed while shes still asleep just before i go to bed. Sometimes that makes her go for 4 hours. I just wish she would go a bit longer cos i look like a walking zombie!!

CheekyGirl Mon 07-Mar-05 13:52:26

Thanks!!

It's just so frustrating. Not only do I barely sleep at night, but I can't 'sleep when the baby sleeps' in the day as I have a 3 yr old and he only settles for 20-30 mins at a time! Oh when will it end!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now