Talk

Advanced search

restless sleep

(6 Posts)
kezzax Sun 06-Mar-05 16:39:54

My baby is 14 weeks old, she goes to sleep at around 7pm and sleeps soundly until she wakes at around 3.30 for a feed, she will then go back down and sleep again until 5.30 where she becomes really restless, she isnt awake but tosses and turns I thought it could be that she has had enough sleep but when i take her into bed with me she sleeps soundly untill about 7.30!!does anyone have any suggestions to help a poor mum get some sleep!!

TracyK Sun 06-Mar-05 19:01:54

why do you lift her if she isn't awake yet? is she still in your room? maybe move her to her own bedroom - we moved ds at about 12 weeks and we all slept better.

stewarty Sun 06-Mar-05 19:43:34

My ds has always been restless in bed but we just leave him if he seems quite happy and not upset.We used to be up and down like yo-yo's but he slept through the whole thing.Don't know if you want to get into the habit of taking him into bed to sleep every morning .You could end up with a permanant little bed buddy!!!!!

stewarty Sun 06-Mar-05 19:44:37

Oops,sorry meant her!!!!

kbaby Mon 07-Mar-05 21:22:39

DD 9 months used to be the same. Youll probably find my thread on here somewhere. She used to wave her arms about and move her head from side to side. It looked like she she was awake but with her eyes closed iyswim. We tried swaddling her which worked unless she escaped. In the end at 10 weeks we moved her to her own room where I had a monitor on that was quiet enough so I couldnt hear her moving but loud enough that I would hear her cry. It was the only way I could get some sleep as I used to lie awake in the early hrs listening to her and waiting for her to wake up. Not much help I know but her own room helped

kezzax Tue 08-Mar-05 12:47:26

sounds good but am a first time parent and am not ready to put her in own room yet- am such a paranoid mother!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now