Talk

Advanced search

3 day old too sleepy?

(7 Posts)
usuallytooshytochat Mon 13-Oct-08 23:34:41

I know newborns can sleep a lot, but dd has been asleep since 3am, whereas yesterday in hospital and when we got home, she was wakeful. She might just be very content to be home and overwhelmed by colostrum. I've fed her every 2-3 hours and she is sucking well. Wierdly, no wet or dirty nappies since 3am either, even though she appears to be feeding well. Any ideas? Am I just being over anxious?

harpomarx Mon 13-Oct-08 23:35:36

3am or 3pm tooshy?

usuallytooshytochat Mon 13-Oct-08 23:40:12

3am

thatsnotmymonster Mon 13-Oct-08 23:41:36

3am - 23.34pm? so like 21 hours? With regular feeds? So she is dozy but feeding and dozing the whole time? If this is the case I wouldn't be too concerned, however if she has slept the entire time and not woken at all I would be more worried.

About the nappies, it can take a while to notice wet nappies as although they appear to feed well they usually don't get much colostrum so it's not unusual. If you leave her without a nappy on she'll probably wee everywhere!

usuallytooshytochat Mon 13-Oct-08 23:49:48

Thanks notmymonster. I'll take off nappy next time I feed and see what happens.

poppy34 Tue 14-Oct-08 20:45:14

as thatsnotmymontser said - if she is quite dozy (basically grazing feeding/and dozing)that is qutie normal..dd was like that for about the first week - sadly it didn't last wink

pinata Tue 14-Oct-08 21:03:56

my DD too - sleep feed sleep. all our early photos of her are with her fast asleep. it even took her a few days to cry when hungry. in hospital she was almost completely silent and sleeping the entire time.

i actually wanted her to start screaming. and then she did.... wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: