Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Asleep all day, awake all night

(5 Posts)
terribletwosome Mon 13-Oct-08 19:49:59

This is my 3rd baby so really do think should know what am doing by now but my 4 week old baby is literally asleep all day - this is not really an exaggeration - just wakes for feeds and goes straight back off. We then have hours on end of crying at night - like from 7pm -1am. I have no idea what to do and am just hoping he will sort himself out as have no idea how to get him to be more awake in the day - or whether this is even the reason he is so unsettled at night. Any advice ????

IAteDavinaForDinner Mon 13-Oct-08 20:44:38

I've read that spending time outdoors in the early afternoon can help them reset their clocks. I'll see if I can find it for you.

IAteDavinaForDinner Mon 13-Oct-08 20:50:28

Here's a link to a news article about it.

terribletwosome Tue 14-Oct-08 19:26:08

Thank you - that is really interesting. I will be going for some after lunch walks I think!

binnymk Sun 26-Oct-08 19:30:48

Hi, just to let you know that I am going through exactly the same experience as you, my baby sleeps solidly all day and is awake for much of the day. Have you tried anything else to help your baby? Any advice appreciated.!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now