Talk

Advanced search

9 week old dd slept for 10 hours the night before last - is this likely to be a one-off?

(11 Posts)
chequersandchess Mon 13-Oct-08 17:39:55

We spent the weekend by the sea and on Sat night dd slept from 9-7 straight.

Got home yesterday and she woke at 2 and 5 after going to bed at 9. She normally only does 5/6 ours straight at home - was her sleeping through likely to be a fluke or not?

(she did sleep a lot yesterday evening before bed which is unlike her).

IAteDavinaForDinner Mon 13-Oct-08 19:17:22

Don't get your hopes up! wink

mrsgboring Mon 13-Oct-08 19:20:55

Very tempted to post "I feckin' hope so"

As mother of nearly 3 yo who has never ever slept through and never woken later than 6am. I don't mean you any personal ill will of course.

Doesn't sound like you're going to have a nightmare sleeper on your hands, from what you say.

Alieight Tue 14-Oct-08 23:03:02

May have been a fluke...but might not have been. Hope it isn't - getting sleep really does make things easier. My DS (11 weeks) goes from 10pm - 7am which came as a bit of a surprise when he first started doing it...now am just waiting for him to realise that being awake 3 times a night is more normal...

goes and hides from all the other mums who now hate me

walkingwomb Wed 15-Oct-08 10:35:30

My DD went from 10 - 7 at 7 weeks for 10 whole days. It made a brief appearance again at about 13 weeks. never seen since. Don't be smug - you will live to regret it!

chequersandchess Wed 15-Oct-08 16:32:25

I wasn't being smug! It was a genuine question!

Anyway, she hasn't repeated it since.

PuppyMonkey Wed 15-Oct-08 16:37:01

Probably will be a one-off for a while yet - but I still say it's a good sign! If she can do it once, she can do it again...

CuppaTeaJanice Wed 15-Oct-08 16:37:34

We live by the sea.

DS has slept through from 2 months. I didn't realise there was a link!

Did she sleep in a different cot? Maybe the mattress was more comfortable or the room was a better tmperature.

Or maybe it was the gentle squawking of the seagulls!!!hmm

chequersandchess Wed 15-Oct-08 17:14:49

My mum reckons it was the sea air - their house directly overlooks the Bristol Channel and whenever they have visitors they always get very tired and sleep really well (including me - except for that night as I kept waking in a panic to check dd).

pudding25 Thu 16-Oct-08 09:42:51

I always sleep better by the sea and I am a rubbish sleeper (need to move out of London I reckon!)

Anyway, even if it was a one off for the moment, it is a good sign for the future.

Simplysally Thu 16-Oct-08 09:47:42

It was probably the sea air.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: