Talk

Advanced search

How old when gave up sleep through day?

(14 Posts)
Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 12-Oct-08 16:22:24

Just curious as my dd gave hers up at about 2 and a half. Ds today 22/23 months has refused sleep having had 5 mins in the car this am unplanned. He normally has a good 2 hrs after lunch but last few days has cried himself to sleep at these times. Today i couldnt bare to listen to it so got him back up - he is still quite perky. Am wondering and panicking a little this may be the beginning of the end sad

Last night he pretty much refused bed time too so hoping he will welcome it tonight.

claireyBOOOO Sun 12-Oct-08 16:25:42

DD stopped at 20 months ish but recently has taken herself off to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon again. She has always had a mid afternoon slump though so does have some quiet time even when she doesn't nap, just reading or watching cbeebies usually

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 12-Oct-08 18:22:05

hes still in that high maintenance pre age 2 stage so im really hoping its a blip

snickersnack Sun 12-Oct-08 18:24:10

Just before she turned 3. Though I think it will be a lot sooner with ds, who's showing lots of "I don't need this sleep" signs.

NellyTheElephant Sun 12-Oct-08 18:58:59

DD1 stopped around 2 and a half. DD2 is now 20 months and definitely still needs about 1.5 hrs after lunch but if she accidentally has an unplanned nap (ike yesterday in the car for literally 10 mins) then there's no hope of getting her to sleep for her lunch time nap. She'll then be a monster by bed time and despite being overtired will take ages to settle which is a pain. Maybe your little one is similar and the 5 min nap threw him?

nell12 Sun 12-Oct-08 19:02:43

Both mine stopped between 15 and 18 months.

But they went to bed by 6pm and slept through to 6 30/ 7am so I could not complain, really grin

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 12-Oct-08 19:16:30

He was quite perky till about 6.20 then showed signs he was getting to the end so we sped up proceedings and he literally threw is milk down his neck and jumped into his cot at about 6.40, mini moan but went of well. Be interesting to see if he sleeps later <clutched at straws and silver linings>.

Twiglett Sun 12-Oct-08 19:17:00

DS was under 2, DD was over 3.5

eekamoose Sun 12-Oct-08 19:33:29

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Twig. Hello. PMSL, click on this thread, see your post, my reply is almost exactly the same as yours, word for word.

To OP: pfb DD slept way beyond her third birthday, DS gave up more or less bang on his second birthday. It was a horrible realisation, I agree.

Nikkiemadisonandbump Sun 12-Oct-08 19:36:55

My DD is 2, she has 2 90min naps during the day, one in the morning one in the afternoon, goes to bed at 7 and wakes up 7, has been like this pretty much from 3 weeks old! Shes a lazy bugger!

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 12-Oct-08 19:41:14

Nikki envy

Twiglett Sun 12-Oct-08 19:48:35

LOL eek grin

when DD was 3 she was sleeping for 3 hours in the afternoon <smug>

Heated Sun 12-Oct-08 19:51:34

DS gave up the day time sleeping at 18m & sleeps 12 hours at night.

DD still has 2hrs at 2.5yrs and sleeps for 11 hours at night.

Horton Sun 12-Oct-08 21:19:43

My daughter's two and a month and I'm dreading the end of the naps. I can see it looming. She has about two hours but if she doesn't have a nap she can still stay up until her usual bedtime but is insanely cranky and hard work. I just hope she starts going to bed earlier when she does finally give up!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: