Talk

Advanced search

ds is scared of the dark-what do i do??

(3 Posts)
maisystar Thu 03-Mar-05 20:24:14

oh bless him

he is genuinely scared at bedtime, wants me to stay with him(this has been for the last 3 nights).

he has a night light, the bedroom door is open, the landing light on. i tried sitting in the bathroom(next to his room) tonight but that didn't work.

he just wants me to stay with him which i don't mind if it's a stage and won't last forever but don't want it to turn into a habit.

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 03-Mar-05 20:30:42

How old is he?

Could you take him out and pick a toy/teddy that he could have with him to take to bed. If you explain that the toy/teddy would go to bed with him instead of you IYKWIM.

It worked for someone I knew. They explained that is what they would do one day and what it was for and he really enjoyed going out and picking the teddy. It was quite a big teddy by all accounts but she didn't spend a fortune.

maisystar Thu 03-Mar-05 20:39:31

he's 4 1/2, already has a special bear(has had it since he was 9 months old) and a b-bye(yellow rag!).

this started 3 nights ago, until then he just went straight to sleep on his own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now