Talk

Advanced search

5 year old daughter waking throughout the night full of anxieties

(4 Posts)
Granny8 Thu 09-Oct-08 21:15:59

Please can anyone help - our 5 year old daughter (youngest of 4) has never been a great sleeper but has suddenly started being very scared when going to bed and even once she is asleep wakes up many many times during the night - each time with a different fear - my tummy hurts, my eye hurts etc. etc., bad men coming in to the room, burglars, etc. etc. Comes into our room and takes ages to settle again as she says she is so scared. Surrounded by soft toys who she thinks of as "friends", tried relaxing CDs, talked her through it etc. etc. There don't appear to be any problems at school where she is in Year 1 having already had a successful Reception Year. I'm a walking zombie now and don't know what else to try....any ideas out there PLEASE.........

trumpetgirl Thu 09-Oct-08 21:36:13

DD used to do this, and there was very rarely anything wrong with her. I am embarassed to say that once I didn't believe she was ill as she lied so often blush
Anyway, I solved it with a reward chart.
HTH

LurkerOfTheUniverse Thu 09-Oct-08 21:56:49

my dd is like this, she's 5 also in Yr 1

we have to turn all her toys around so they arn't looking at her, in caes they come alive in the night

she has never been a great sleeper either

i have tried most things and the only thing that works is me sitting with her for a while until she's ready to drop off

sleepycat Thu 09-Oct-08 22:01:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now