Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

urgent 8mth baby suddenly refusing to go down at night.....

(5 Posts)
mum2samandalex Thu 09-Oct-08 20:54:22

for the last three nights he has screamed and screamed when ive put him down. At first i thought he was teething and gave him calpol and took him into my bed. But he he is absolutley fine in himself so its obviuosly just him not wanting to be left alon what do i do? Im practically a ingle parent with another child to deal with and i need my evenings he cannot keep coming into my bed. Hes screaming as i type. I go in and he wants me to pick him up he will practically fall asleep striaght away on my shoulder as soon as i put him back in his cot he goes hysterical! Please please help im close to breaking.....

mum2samandalex Thu 09-Oct-08 20:55:30

i really need a reply on what to do i cannot atay in his room for ever

ches Thu 09-Oct-08 21:17:17

It's most likely separation anxiety and it'll last another two months or so. http://www.babycenter.com/0separation-anxiety145.bc

wasabipeanut Thu 09-Oct-08 21:22:26

My ds started kicking off at bedtimes around 8-9 months. It settled again at about 9 plus months from what I remember.

I think 8 months or so is quite a busy time devlopmentally and it messes with their sleep.

It would sometimes take a cuddle, maybe a little warm milk to resettle him. I know what you mean about him yelling when you put him back down again. We just kept on picking up and putting down (a la Baby Whisperer) until ds finally ran out of steam. 15-20 minutes maybe - its really not too terrible.

mum2samandalex Thu 09-Oct-08 21:29:47

oh thankyou ive just settled him with two toys tucked in either side i feel awful for leaving him cry hope it hasnt made it worse now i understand i can deal with it better. Are there any other ways i can reassure him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now