Talk

Advanced search

will wake to sleep work?

(4 Posts)
babyOcho Thu 09-Oct-08 09:57:14

DD is 7 months old, and has in the past on some occasion slept from 7pm, dream-feed at 10, until 7am.

She now always wakes somewhere between 2.30-3.30am. I tried waiting 20mins to see if she would resettle (not, she got louder both times), dummy, dummy and cuddling. She'll only go back to sleep (in a moment) if I BF her.

The other night I woke at 2am to feed her in her sleep and then she still work up at 3.45am and needed to be fed back to sleep.

Ordinarily I wouldnt mind that much, but I have been on my own for a few weeks (big respect to lone parents BTW) and now have a cold, so the need for sleep is more apparent.

So, shall I try this wake to sleep thing? Who has done it with success and what did you do? I am sure that she's not hungry.

FeelingLucky Thu 09-Oct-08 12:23:03

My guess is that she is hungry.
DD started to wake in middle of night again at around this age and I put it down to weaning ... not enough milk because of solids?

Anyway, bumping for you.

babyOcho Thu 09-Oct-08 18:42:05

Thanks FeelingLucky, how long did you DD take to resettle?

She is still having 5 milk feeds during the day, plus the one at 3.30am, and also 3 meals. Although she is getting less interested in the mid-morn and also the afternoon feed.

I am not sure how I can get more milk to her during the day. Should I offer less food at lunchtime?

FeelingLucky Thu 09-Oct-08 19:02:25

Can't remember when she resettled - don't think it was for long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now