Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone elses 4yo DC sweat BUCKETS in bed?

(12 Posts)
Neeerly3 Tue 07-Oct-08 20:53:26

and I mean you could ring him out. 3 nights in a row DH and I have had to strip him, towel him down and put him back to bed naked - he's then woken at 4am wondering why he's undressed and put his pj's back on!

He's still in a toddler bed with one of those waterproof mattresses with a breathable velco-ed on layer - could this be the cause?

His twin bro, sleeps in the same type of bed, same mattress, same bedding, doesn't drip a drop, (but does fill his pull up, whereas sweaty DT is "dry" at night).

avenanap Tue 07-Oct-08 20:56:07

Any other symptoms? Tired? Bruises? Weight loss? persistant cough?

Neeerly3 Tue 07-Oct-08 20:58:18

erm, nope, just soaking wet most nights.

Another point, he fell asleep one night while sitting on DH's lap watching TV (it had been a long day), and almost as soon as his eyes shut he started to glow, then 10 mins later his hair was stuck to his head.

avenanap Tue 07-Oct-08 21:01:40

I've seen other threads on here about this. ds is the same but doesn't get saturated. I'd be tempted to have a chat with the GP to make sure it's nothing medial. ds has got better with time, he also doesn't fall asleep on me which helps alot.

avenanap Tue 07-Oct-08 21:01:45

I've seen other threads on here about this. ds is the same but doesn't get saturated. I'd be tempted to have a chat with the GP to make sure it's nothing medial. ds has got better with time, he also doesn't fall asleep on me which helps alot.

Hulababy Tue 07-Oct-08 21:04:09

My 6y DD does too and always have, although not to the extent of the OP. But she does get very hot and sweaty - the back of her head and back get very damp affecting her pillow and sheet.

I am in the process of replacing everything to natural fibres as much as possible - have sorted 100% PJs, now need to change bedding and duvet and pillow.

Neeerly3 Tue 07-Oct-08 21:05:38

they do have tesco cheap duvets - hollowfibre jobs, but cotton covers and cotton bottom sheets....

cornsilk Tue 07-Oct-08 21:06:48

my ds is like this. A feather pillow has helped.

MeMySonAndI Tue 07-Oct-08 21:06:57

DS was like that but now that you mention I realise he is not that bad now that he is 5...

avenanap Tue 07-Oct-08 21:07:39

I don't think it has anything to do with the sheets etc. Sometimes their 'internal thermostat' takes a long while to kick in.

Neeerly3 Tue 07-Oct-08 21:07:53

we are moving them to proper single beds soon, in prep for arrival of DC, so will be getting new bottom sheets then, will make sure they are natural fibre, plus mattresses won't be horrid and plastic (but will be getting a couple cotton topped PVC sheets as don't trust DT1/nonsweaty not to ruin mattress within a week of sleeping in it).

Neeerly3 Wed 08-Oct-08 11:05:19

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now