Talk

Advanced search

Co-sleeping - I need a moan

(12 Posts)
IlanaK Tue 07-Oct-08 19:54:00

I am co-sleeping with my 11 week old baby. His is my third, but the first I have co-slept with. I love co-sleeping and am not looking for advice on how to stop, but just need a moan about how tired I am!

Ds3 only sleeps while latched on to me. THIS is what is tiring! I don't mind the feeding off to sleep thing, but his need to be totally attached to me!

Anyway, just need some sympathy please!

IlanaK Tue 07-Oct-08 20:33:55

No-one wants to offer me sympathy??

phdlife Tue 07-Oct-08 20:37:58

awww! when he was tiny I could never put my ds down to sleep during the day so you do have my sympathies. weirdly he was fine with it at night. different story now though... hmm

IlanaK Tue 07-Oct-08 20:41:09

I can't put him down to sleep during the day either. He sleeps in a sling on me.

VintageGardenia Tue 07-Oct-08 20:42:32

Sorry Ilana I do offer sympathy on the perma-suck thing, but lol I read the thread as Co-sleeping - I need a man!

phdlife Tue 07-Oct-08 20:43:13

yeah - hard, isn't it! ds was a fat lump too. I got tendonitis in both wrists lugging him around and only coped by sitting on the sofa MNing - can't imagine how you manage with two others <<pat on the back>>

ilovemydog Tue 07-Oct-08 20:44:23

mine snores shock

IlanaK Tue 07-Oct-08 20:46:18

We get a bit of snoring too as he has a cold.

I don't mind it so much when he is calm and latched on. But when he is wriggly and restless while attached to me while I am trying to sleep, I feel like.....argh!!!!!

thisisyesterday Tue 07-Oct-08 20:46:47

awww, it is tiring, but soon you';ll start being able to just latch him on and fall asleep. he'll come off (or not) when he wants to and you'll not even notice.

and then, it'll get that he can latch on by himself, which is evenb better

Mummy2Noah Tue 07-Oct-08 20:47:01

I will offer some sympathy. My DS is the same just now. He will sleep for about 30 mins on his own but then wakes up looking to latch on again!

IlanaK Tue 07-Oct-08 20:48:52

I do fall asleep while he feeds, but it is just not the same. And if he is restless, I can't sleep. Idealy, I would like him to feed to sleep, we both fall asleep and then he comes off for an hour or two. But he stays on - rarely comes off at all.

ilovemydog Tue 07-Oct-08 20:49:40

It's the frozen mommy thing where you dare not move lest they wake up...

Not asleep, but not really awake either....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now