Talk

Advanced search

i need your help....really stuck

(9 Posts)
lucykatie Wed 02-Mar-05 22:41:30

right then, i have put my dd of 5 months to bed tonight at 8.00pm, she went down a treat, i gave her a bottle, story, lights out etc, it was heaven. i even watched 'life begins' in peace.

BUT

she has just woken up, i went to her cot to put dummy back in, even warmed a bottle up for her just in case it was that, my intentions were to maybe feed then for her to go back off.....but no, she is bright eyed and bushy taled ready for a play etc.

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU LOT DO?
WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG?

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 02-Mar-05 22:43:08

Nothing wrong! Try ignoring her (says me with the non-sleeping DTs). Whatever you do don't play. If she's happy in her cot then leave her there. I'm sure much wiser mners will post(once desperate housewives is finished).

lucykatie Wed 02-Mar-05 22:50:47

thats why its slow on here tonight eh!

she was crying so had to see to her when i got there she saw me, stopped crying then huge grin came on her face, its hard to just let her cry as i have dd1 of 5 years who desperatly needs her sleep and she would wake up with the screaming. dd2 has the loudest scream i have ever heard, and i know she hadnt got to that stage as yet but i know it would of done.

do you think dd2 is going to bed to early, other mums do it though dont they?
oh this is a nightmare, all i want is some time back for me and dh, maybe to much to ask at this stage, i dont know.

bonym Wed 02-Mar-05 22:55:35

lucykatie - I would agree with marslady - have as little interaction with her as possible (hard I know if she's giving you lovely smiles!) - lie her back down, tuck her in and tell her it's sleep time and then leave. Don't turn lights on or pick her up. You might need to do this a few times before she settles. Good luck

lucykatie Wed 02-Mar-05 23:01:04

so hard when you get 'that' smile if you know what i mean, oooooo she is so gorgeous i could eat her for breakfast, but still need my time with dh.

will try again tomorrow.

bonym Wed 02-Mar-05 23:06:10

I know - but you must be firm!!!

mummylonglegs Thu 03-Mar-05 10:00:46

Is this a recent thing lucykatie or does she always do it? If it's recent then I'd go with what everyone else says, no interraction, no picking up, just very low key affection and tell her to go back to sleep. If it's always been like this you might need to revise her sleep in general, for instance how and when she naps, when she gets up in the morning, etc. as she might be treating this first part of the night as a kind of extended nap!

mummylonglegs Thu 03-Mar-05 10:00:47

Is this a recent thing lucykatie or does she always do it? If it's recent then I'd go with what everyone else says, no interraction, no picking up, just very low key affection and tell her to go back to sleep. If it's always been like this you might need to revise her sleep in general, for instance how and when she naps, when she gets up in the morning, etc. as she might be treating this first part of the night as a kind of extended nap!

lucykatie Thu 03-Mar-05 13:06:35

i agree i think she thinks its just a nap....she has been having a tea time nap, tonight its not gonna happen though, going to see if i can cut that nap out then she may gather its night time and time for bed.

once she was awake last night she was only up for an hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now