Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What does your 2.5 YO sleep in/will be sleeping in?

(18 Posts)
SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 05-Oct-08 20:32:27

DS is 2.5 and sleeps at the mo in jarmies and a vest or a fleecy all in one,

he's sleeps on a fleecy blanket as the sheets used to wake him up as they were cold, and has a duvet as well (which I usually put over him when I go in if not before) it's a 10 tog I think - a childrens standard single sized one.

he seems warm enough for the most part, but i'm worried as the winter draws in & nights etc are colder if I should have more on him - ie another fleecy blanket on top or if indeed I can use a hot water bottle with him?

typically I would have had the heating on low but this year the heating is off from 7pm when he's in bed and then i'm reliant on blankets etc.

also worried re over heating - how much of an issue is that in this age?

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 05-Oct-08 20:34:05

DS2 is 2 he sleeps in vest, PJ's and under a lightweight Duvet.
His room is colder than the other rooms in the house but if we turn the radiator on he wakes in the night hot and sweaty.

LittleMyDancingWithTheDevil Sun 05-Oct-08 20:35:05

10tog? that sounds pretty warm to me.

DS is 2.5 and he's in flannel jammmie bottoms and a short sleeved t-shirt, and a 4.5 tog duvet.

Heating on for one hour during bathime, and then not till the morning.

I wouldn't put any more on yours unless you live in the North Pole, to be honest grin

SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 05-Oct-08 20:35:24

see this is it as well, DS is in a cold box room, & has 2 outside walls.

I've always been reluctant to leave hte heating on all night when i've been in bed - but instead of keeping it on all night as well now i'll be turning it off early.

LittleMyDancingWithTheDevil Sun 05-Oct-08 20:35:37

same here, the radiator is off in his room as he gets a very sweaty head!

SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 05-Oct-08 20:36:10

think it is - althou could just as easy be a 4 tog! blush was brought about may/june time.

frasersmummy Sun 05-Oct-08 20:36:48

ds 3 sleeps in cotton pyjamas and a duvet.. not sure what tog it is .. seems perfectly fine. My heating goes off about 10pm and goes back on at 6am so he shouldn't notice it getting cold

when the nights get really cold dec/jqan then i will throw an extra blanket on his bed

I am prepared to be contradicted but I thought overheating causing sids was only an issued til 12 months

RhinestoneCowgirl Sun 05-Oct-08 20:37:21

I've been wondering about this as we are just about to shift DS to a duvet - he's 2.3 and still in a grobag atm.

10tog sound a lot tho...

Jojay Sun 05-Oct-08 20:38:26

My ds is nearly two, and is wearing a vest and long sleeved pj's. He has a 9 tog duvet and is fine unless he kicks it off!

His room tends to be about 19 degrees in the evening, and drops to 17 - 18 degrees by morning, until the heating comes on.

SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 05-Oct-08 20:38:53

fraser - that's my worry about sids tbh.

DS is the sort of boy who prefers to be warm as opposed to slightly cold - always has been and the slightest draft wakes him up.

Stinkyfeet Sun 05-Oct-08 20:39:15

Same as LMD here, only it's long cotton pjs.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 05-Oct-08 20:39:20

DD has the coldest room in house, 2 outside walls, sleeps in pyjamas and has just gone up to a 9 tog duvet, heating not on for long, she will get an extra blanket in December/january time.

PinkPurple Sun 05-Oct-08 20:39:48

I think it depends on where you live and on the individual child.

we're perched by the atlantic sea and its v cold.
DD is wearing pj's and fleece all-in-one, with 2 duvets.
DS never feels cold and is in pj's and 1 sheet and 1 duvet.
(to put it in context I'll be in tshirt, fleece pj's with duvet and heavy bedspread)

SazzlesA Sun 05-Oct-08 20:41:30

Message withdrawn

PinkPurple Sun 05-Oct-08 20:41:40

forgot to add...have a fire downstairs and rarely have central heating on.

plus will add more blankets later when real cold winter weather arrives.

noonki Sun 05-Oct-08 21:03:56

I would check him and if he is could I would put more clothes on, if he is not waking up from the cold he should be Ok

also practice putting his duvet back on!

sounds a bit silly but ours kept kicking his off and then shouting for us until we explained to him what to do

and no heating at night - feels horrible

PinkPurple Sun 05-Oct-08 21:26:00

agree with noonki re: the obvious! if he's not waking up, then he is probably not cold, and fine as he is for now.

SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 05-Oct-08 22:38:49

true enough yes.

does anyone know the whole over heating thing and sids after 2?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now