Talk

Advanced search

Help me with getting DS (12 months) to sleep through!

(5 Posts)
NorkyButNice Fri 03-Oct-08 21:19:59

Posted this in Chat too, but this is probably the better place!

DS turned one last month. Apart from one week at around 6 months, he has never slept through the night, and I don't think I've had a longer stretch than 3 hours sleep in one go since he was born (apart from that week).

He wakes up and won't go back to sleep without a feed - last night it was 3 times between midnight and 6am! This can't be normal (I know it's not) but I have no idea how to fix it.

He gets 3 proper meals a day, plus snacks - he eats some of them well and picks at others, but I feed him up as much as possible before he goes to bed.

If anyone has any tips I could really do with them, as my relationship with both DS and DS is suffering from me being tired and grumpy!

NorkyButNice Fri 03-Oct-08 21:43:10

Please?

GreenMonkies Fri 03-Oct-08 21:47:46

Hi Norky,

I know you don't want to hear this but actually this is normal. [ducks]

Is he breastfed? In your room/bed or on his own?

I do understand the sleep-deprivation, my DD1 was exactly the same, and I was working full-time in those days too, it was gruesome.

But the good news is, it will get better. You could nightwean him, there are good tips for this kind of thing in The No-Cry Sleep Solution which you may find helpful.

Take it easy!

NorkyButNice Fri 03-Oct-08 21:55:21

Thanks for the reply!

He's 12 months so in his own room, and on formula.

I'm working full-time too, and the never ending cycle of having to drag myself out of bed 2 or 3 times a night is killing me!

I've ordered the book you recommended, as I'm ready to try anything right now.

moocowme Sat 04-Oct-08 20:32:09

have you tried putting a smaller teat on the bottle you give him at night?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now