Talk

Advanced search

DS screaming for an hour at 1:00 am

(14 Posts)
jabberwocky Tue 01-Mar-05 09:40:05

He had done this for two nights in a row now. We go in, try to soothe, give milk, rock, etc. Have tried letting him fret for 10 minutes at a time. It just goes on. He is 18 months and has never done anything like this before. His sleeping was erratic for a long time but it was always just frequent wakings that were very short. He is just getting over a cold but seemed to be really fine as far as breathing went tonight (it is still 3:40 am here, I can't go back to sleep - again!) Any suggestions?

Clayhead Tue 01-Mar-05 09:46:02

Have you given Calpol or anything? Was thinking teeth...

mishi1977 Tue 01-Mar-05 09:48:21

unfortunately not hun but i have found that when my ds is teething ...as he is at the mo then he can be a nightmare. like last night waking at 4-5am...so just to let u know ur not alone

jabberwocky Tue 01-Mar-05 09:54:02

I actually didn't think of teeth and I even looked yesterday and noticed he had little points of all four molars showing. He has settled now (just wish I could!) but I will try that if he wakes again.

mishi1977 Tue 01-Mar-05 09:56:55

jabber..it prob is and the molars are horrendous my ds was a nightmare wiht them...hes now getting fangs...arghhhhhhhhhh

jabberwocky Tue 01-Mar-05 10:01:21

I'm so glad I asked. I feel like a moron for not thinking of it, but I always walk around in a daze in the middle of the night when he wakes.

oops Tue 01-Mar-05 10:01:48

Message withdrawn

jabberwocky Tue 01-Mar-05 10:03:57

I think I'm going to try to get a little sleep myself now. Unfortunately this is one of my days to go in to the office. I may be doing the zombie thing tomorrow.

oops Tue 01-Mar-05 15:21:24

Message withdrawn

Hayls Tue 01-Mar-05 15:26:31

Medised works really well for teething as well as colds. If I'm in any doubt as to why dd is waking I give her the minimum dose
Hope things improve for you

anchovies Tue 01-Mar-05 15:27:11

We've got big teeth coming at the moment, 4 at once, it's good fun isn't it! Ive been going to bed at 8 ready for the sleepless night!

jabberwocky Tue 01-Mar-05 17:00:58

Well, I'm here and functioning Managed to get about 2 hours of sleep from 5:30 to 7:30 to add to the 2 earlier on...
I think I will give him some pain relief at bedtime tonight and see how that works. Does anyone use that numbing gel? He was so easy with the other teeth we didn't really have to do much of anything so I was not really sure if the gel was that effective.

Clayhead Tue 01-Mar-05 17:03:36

I used the gel, paracetamol and brufen...dd & ds were/are awful when teething and the molars were the worst. I think the gel might just give enough relief to allow them to get off to sleep on some occasions so it must be worth it!! I think ds has his last 4 molars coming through now as he has got the red cheeks, foul nappies and seems restless at night.

Sympathies

jabberwocky Tue 01-Mar-05 17:07:01

I will definitely give it a try tonight. I thought maybe if it numbed them up for 10 or 15 minutes that might do the trick [fingers crossed emoticon]!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now