Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

waking up too late!

(5 Posts)
whoisdoingthedishes Mon 29-Sep-08 11:40:37

I know this could be paradise for some MNers but I feel its getting out of control. My DD, nearly 10 months, has been waking up around 9 am most days (sometimes even 10 am). She still wakes up a lot during the night thou. Now, I wouldn't mind the late wake up, because then I can catch up on some sleep. But for the last week I've been having problems with putting her to bed. One night, she went to bed until 11 p.m. She's also been sleeping a bit longer during the day, probably to compensate her late bedtime, but attached to my boob.

I'm hoping all this is only because she's teething, but I've been having thoughts that maybe I should start waking her up in the morning so she can re-adjust her internal clock.

Has anybody else been through this? What would you do?

northernjess Mon 29-Sep-08 12:03:25

Hi, I think I would start waking her up in the morning, hard as that is! or maybe giving her shorter naps in the day to make bedtime easier and then she may start waking up earlier in the morning of her own accord. It could be a teething thing, esp if she is attached more to your boob grin I just think if she is catching up in the day she wont want to go to bed until late o clock! HTH x

moocowme Mon 29-Sep-08 20:10:56

make the room as light as possible in the mornings when you want her to wake up.

whoisdoingthedishes Mon 29-Sep-08 23:55:34

thanks a lot! I will try to get up earlier than her and brighten her room and make some noise. I hate waking her up... she gets so grumpy when she hasn't slept enough.

wedgeitt Fri 03-Oct-08 21:14:14

I know how much it can mess up the daytime routine when they sleep late. My 19 month old usually wakes about 7am but decided for some reason to wake at 8.45am this morning so when it came to putting him down for his aftrernoon nap he didnt want to sleep. I gave up and let him stay awake and he ended up going to bed at 6.45pm instead of the usual 8pm. He was so overtired and although been awake all day he is having a restless night now cos he was overtired.
As for sleeping bags i think theyre great inventions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now