Talk

Advanced search

Pillow for 2 1.4 yo, tell me about them

(7 Posts)
Mij Sat 27-Sep-08 13:58:24

Do toddlers really need them? I've seen some with a kind of raised bit on three sides but are they for younger kids? DD will sleep on her front, side and back on any given night, and from my own experience with a bad back I'm not sure pillows are that good for spine alignment.

Any advice/expert orthopaedic knowledge out there? Recommendations?

Mij Sat 27-Sep-08 20:22:11

Anyone?

Washersaurus Sat 27-Sep-08 20:33:16

I'm not sure what you mean by the pillow with the raised sides as have never seen one, but DS1 (3yo) has a pillow on his bed that he NEVER uses; DS2 (14mo) who suffers with a lot of colds and is a terrible sleeper, has a pillow and it seems to have helped quite a bit.

So, it depends on the toddler I suppose.....

Mij Sat 27-Sep-08 20:38:31

Like this one

Although that's a particularly pricey version.

DD does like a nice pillow - she sometimes sleeps on one of ours when she's in our bed, whole body on it, like a lion cub draped over a branch.

Guess I'll have to wait and see if she demands one when she gets her fancy-pants new duvet.

Dragonbutter Sat 27-Sep-08 20:41:41

DS1 had a really flat pillow from about that age. I think it helps him to know which way is up in bed. I just used a rubbish flat one for his bed, nothing fancy.

Bramshott Sat 27-Sep-08 20:49:33

I think DD1 had a pillow once she moved to a bed at about 2.5. It's quite a flat one though.

Washersaurus Sat 27-Sep-08 21:03:34

Blimey Mij they are pricey shock. Ours are toddler pillows from John Lewis, they aren't flat ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now