Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find information

(4 Posts)
jojoisamum Sat 27-Sep-08 09:08:31

On recommended amounts of sleep in the day and at night a baby should get at various stages throughout his first year?

I am starting to feel a bit isolated here! He's quite good with his sleep and is 3 months old.

6.30 up (he wakes at 5.45 but happy in cot)
8.30 - 9.15 nap
11.30 - 1.30 nap (although not straight through but happy to wake, coo and sleep again)
3.30 short nap of 15-30 minutes.
6.30 bed before waking at around 11 and 3 for feeds.

All of our baby groups, baby massage and coffee mornings are at 11-11.30 meaning I am missing out and I wonder what I can adjust to see if I can start to get out a bit more.

Or, please be honest (!) do I just need to grin and bear it because that's what babies do! Obviously his sleep is more important.

I had hoped that by now he might be dropping his 3 am feed but showing no signs yet although he doesn't take a great deal from his bottle. Will he just surprise me one night?

yomellamoHelly Sat 27-Sep-08 09:19:50

Sounds about right to me. I did the GF thing and a similar routine is in all of her books. Imo the approaches suggested in other books aren't that different except they don't specify times.
Is there any way you can extend the first nap? Or is there anyway you can put your lo down in the pushchair the days you have meet ups?
We used to meet up in the afternoons because mornings were so hopeless when they were tiny.
Things'll move on when he's grown a little though and starts going down later.

jojoisamum Sat 27-Sep-08 09:21:32

When you say go down later do you mean he will start to go to bed later than 6.30?

yomellamoHelly Sat 27-Sep-08 12:12:41

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I actually meant he'd start lasting longer between sleeps. But eventually he will last longer than 6:30 too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now