Talk

Advanced search

Co-sleepers - how do you keep your mattress dry?

(10 Posts)
beansmum Fri 26-Sep-08 09:22:48

ds is 4 and sleeps in my bed for most of the night. He has wet the bed a couple of times recently and my mattress is going to end up ruined. Can you get double bed sized plastic protector thingys? Are they horrible to sleep on? What is the alternative?

nailpolish Fri 26-Sep-08 09:30:31

beansmum i used a single mattress protector thingy (couldnt find a double size one altho im sure you can get them) and dd/s just slept on that side of the bed
it was horrible to sleep on, i have to admit, we used to put old towels over the top but under the sheet

hth

here comes in sizes up to double, and is 'flat' so even if your bed is a king it will be fine.

It is soft cloth not rubbery or sweaty, well worth the cash imo.

And is completely wee, sick, amniotic fluid, leaky boob proof (mine has suffered all these indignities grin).

And washes brilliantly.

purpleflower Fri 26-Sep-08 09:37:35

I got a machine washable double in Tesco a couple of weeks ago for about £4. It's not too plasticy.

beansmum Fri 26-Sep-08 09:37:46

Thanks. I might have to try that. Actually the one on ds's bed is pretty wide, one like that would probably cover most of the bed. I put towels down at the moment, but even folded over they aren't thick enough to stop the wee soaking through, and ds sleeps on his front which doesn't help.

nailpolish Fri 26-Sep-08 09:39:39

i thnk a mattress protector (min was soft not plasticky) plus a towel is best
cos even if ds does wee the mattress protector is still a bit wet. if you have a towel you can change the towel and the mattress is still ok

actually i hthnk i still have the mattreess thingy if you want it beansmum

beansmum Fri 26-Sep-08 09:40:23

I'll have a look in tesco, £35 is a bit much for me!

beansmum Fri 26-Sep-08 09:41:00

Yes please Nailpolish!

nailpolish Fri 26-Sep-08 09:42:54

great! i still have sicky children in bed at times but they just use a sick bucket
and dd2 has been potty trained for over a year now
so its just in the cupboard never to be used agian by me!
i can send it to you or meet you in town if yo liek or drop it off at your house (you live in Edn dont you?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now