Talk

Advanced search

It's official - we're knackered

(3 Posts)
MrShev Thu 25-Sep-08 11:16:56

Hey all,

writing as the father of DD, 3mths, and DS 2.5yrs.

A number of issues, I guess.

DD sleeping okay, waking once in the night and we are getting there after giving her a bottle at 10-11pm. She is now less cranky during the day, feeds better = sleeps better. Huzzah! She will only take a bottle off of me, but hey, we'll pick our battles.

DS has suddenly (we think) reacted to the new arrival and picked his high ground wisely: eating, bathing and sleeping. He stopped eating for a while (except at nursery, obviously) and lost a bit of weight, but we have sorted that (by not cooking for him and making ourselves double portions which he is not allowed to have - but he does, obviously! We can be cunning too...)

He has started to have a pathological hatred for bathtime, which he always loved. We have tried new bath toys, bathing with me or my wife or both (bit of a squeeze) and just plonking him in. Any suggestions on this?

Finally bed time has turned into a bit of a battle ground and he will not go to bed and just starts weeping at the mention of it. Our routine used to be: TV, bathtime, stories, milk, bed - all done by 7-7.30pm.

So, we decided to (as he spent every night in our bed anyway) to upgrade him to big bed - which he likes but I am still spending 3-4 hours a night on the floor in his room because if he starts crying he wakes DD and then the wheels really do come off the pram. He does nod off eventually but has started waking again at 3.30 - 4.30am and then doesn't go back to sleep.

Bascially, this morning he was FOUL because he just didn't sleep enough, we had to flick on CBEEBIES to just get some carbs into him and then he was a little better. But we are both running on empty.

What's the basics of the no cry sleep method? I like the sound of it.

Sorry for the long post.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 25-Sep-08 11:21:01

what about bathing baby in the family bath and asking ds if he would get in the bath to 'help' bath the baby?

no idea on the sleeping though sorry. is the baby in your room and him in his own? that maybe where the problem is. could you let him fall asleep in your bed and the transfer him to his own bed once he is asleep.

MrShev Thu 25-Sep-08 11:28:39

No, thought of that and Baby is upstairs and he is in own room.

Tried co-sleeping with him but he just finds it fun to massage my face with his feet or sit on my head - neither of which is conducive to sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now