Talk

Advanced search

5 month old waking at 5a.m. haing 2 bottles at night/?? baby #3 & I have forgotten!

(2 Posts)
gameforalaugh Wed 24-Sep-08 06:43:02

Morning my cute little boy is getting up at 5a.m. to play each morning, he is in the middle of weaning and I am not doing very well at it (I am not being overly consistant) one day he has 2 solid meals the next 3 etc.He is though not too bothered and much prefers his milk.He therefore is having a feed at 11p.m. and again at 2p.m. he goes right from 7pm when he goes to bed, tried dream feed-he still wakes at 2p.m. regardless.Any tips for getting him through on at least 1 bottle in the night??? Do I need to be more persistant with the weaning??? I can't remember.Thanks

mylittlemonsters Wed 24-Sep-08 22:27:06

I am having same challenge with 5.5 mnth old. He is mainly breast fed and I am making up his weaning (not too clever).

Milk feed at basically 7am, 10.30am, 2-2.30pm, 5-6pm (with a top up at 7pm, 10.30pm.

Solids at roughly 12 pm and 6pm.

Sometimes he sleeps through from his dream feed to 6.30 and sometimes he is a nightmare and wakes a lot.

If you are not doing a 10-11pm dream feed and he is waking at 2am then I would intro one. If you are doing a dream feed then you need to try and settle him back to sleep without feeding him, so either a dummy, a cuddle or cooled boiled water. He will continue to wake at 2 if you feed him.

Babies come into a light sleep from 5 am to 6 am and again best to try not to feed unless clearly hungry.

It normally takes a while for thier tummies to settle with food and start sleeping through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now