Talk

Advanced search

Toddler 2.6 only sleeping fully under his duvet

(5 Posts)
springbaby Mon 22-Sep-08 21:03:55

My 2 and half year old DS has been in his toddler bed for about 12 weeks and has been fine, took to it with no problems at all. Then a week or so ago he suddenly decided that sleeping completely under the duvet was a good idea. It isn't, he sweats and sweats and wakes himself up because he is so hot!

I've tried putting him back into his grobag but he still wants his duvet and cries until he gets it. At the moment, he's in bed with his cover with no duvet in it and it pulled right up over him and at least he isn't sweating. I'm really just wondering if this is normal toddler behaviour and will he grow back out of it or should I be taking more action? If so, any suggestions??! TIA.

alittlebitshy Mon 22-Sep-08 21:06:09

my dd who is 5 has started doing this. I guess it's just cosy and eventually she'll stop. Am not worried - except when she wakes up hot and calls us in the night grin

PinkPurple Mon 22-Sep-08 21:09:45

my 4yr old did this for ages (she said she felt safer/monsters couldnt see her etc). I explained everynight for about a week why she shouldnt do it, and eventually she stopped. Even though she slept perfectly fine, and never seemed to get too hot, I did worry about her ability to breathe down there hmm

springbaby Tue 23-Sep-08 12:03:56

Thanks, he doesn't really do reasoning with yet so I'll just leave him to it!

NeuroMum Thu 25-Sep-08 21:11:41

Could you get him a lower tog duvet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now