Talk

Advanced search

It's all gone wrong, my baby seems angry to be in her cot. HELP!

(8 Posts)
NeuroMum Fri 19-Sep-08 11:52:03

Although putting DD down for a nap has previously been a bit like a lottery: sometimes she goes down like a dream, other times she will grumble a bit then sleep, other times she cries a bit... she has just started to do a horrible scream/shout type cry. To me it sounds like she's angry to be there, cos it is such a different cry to normal. If she is left too long (5 mins or so) she gets herself so worked up that she doesn't stop immediately when you pick her up.

I'm fairly sure she's not ill or teething more than normal, cos she's okay when we're not trying to get her down for a nap. She's not hungry, wet, cold, hot, windy.

What's gone wrong? Can she be angry? DH has been on holiday this week, so at least I haven't had to deal with it on my own, but I'm dreading next week.

Help!

gingerninja Fri 19-Sep-08 11:55:34

HOw old is she?

Becky77 Fri 19-Sep-08 11:56:24

How old is she?

Becky77 Fri 19-Sep-08 11:56:47

Ooops Haha

NeuroMum Fri 19-Sep-08 12:18:03

Ahh pants, sorry, she's 5 months.

gingerninja Fri 19-Sep-08 14:20:31

Maybe her nap routine is changing and she's not tired, maybe she's just upset that you've put her down and wants cuddling. I don't know it's difficult to say. I don't think babies of this age have such complex emotions they want feeding, changing and comfort generally so if you've eliminated the others perhaps she just wants to be near you. Now this isn't wrong, I had to hold mine practically all the time, and would make a cosy nest for myself on the sofa, telly on, snacks, cup of tea and let her nap on me but others would be horrified with that and insist on leaving baby to settle on her own. I was never able to leave my DD to cry so took the path of least resistence which was to hold her a lot. Slings became very useful.

NeuroMum Fri 19-Sep-08 18:25:25

Thanks gingerninja. I'm sure she's tired, if anything she's overtired and that's why she's crying... it's just this new screamy cry which has completely thrown me.

gingerninja Fri 19-Sep-08 19:36:53

Babies do have a habit of keep changing the rules just when you think you have them sussed grin hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now