Talk

Advanced search

2 month old - how to get DS sleeping earlier?

(3 Posts)
SilverSixpence Thu 18-Sep-08 20:27:13

hi, DS is just over 2 months now, and ever since he was born (and i know i've been lucky!) he's always gone into a deep sleep between midnight and 1am, only waking for feeds until between 7 and 8am. This is without introducing any routine - when we have tried to get him to sleep any earlier it just won't work but he'll go off like magic at his 'normal' bedtime.

any ideas to start getting him to sleep earlier? Should I not let him nap in the afternoon so he's tired? we'd like to aim for 7 or 8pm if possible. He's breastfed, if that makes any difference.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 18-Sep-08 20:30:22

Message withdrawn

pudding25 Fri 19-Sep-08 09:50:19

Definitely do not cut out naps. The more they nap at this age, the better they sleep at night.

What does he do before midnight? When are you feeding him before he gos to bed?
If you want to start introducing a bedtime routine, then I would start bringing his bedtime back gradually by around 15 mins a night (so it may take a few wks to get a bedtime of around 7pm).

Once you manage to get his bedtime earlier, introduce a dreamfeed around 11pm which should keep him going.

Make sure you have a good napping routine throughout the day too. A baby his age, needs to go back to sleep at least 2 hrs after he has last woken.

And lucky you getting a baby that sleeps like that already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now