Talk

Advanced search

can I borrow some sympathy please?

(4 Posts)
pamelat Wed 17-Sep-08 12:11:06

Have I been spoilt?

Took my DD until 5 months old to sleep through the night (630pm - 6am), had the occassional glitch since.

She is 8 months old (today!) and the last 10 days have been awful.

Firstly on holiday for a week she didnt sleep, would wake at 230am or 4am and that was it (so you can imagine how grumpy she and we were all day). I put it down to being in a strange place etc.

Got back, 2 normal nights of sleep. It has deteriorated since then ..... initially we had a 430am waking, and then 230am and then last night she woke every hour between 10pm and 4am and eventually at 4am went to sleep until 7am.

Now, I can see her first tooth and she is a bit snuffly (which may explain last night) but have I completely ruined her sleeping routine by having gone on holiday????

Also, we only use a dummy for day time naps but on holiday we had to give it during the night - is she waking wanting that again??

I feel that I have undone 5 months of hard work?

I have had 3 solid hours sleep, and each other hour was broken sleep - I feel terrible, so surely she must too???

sleepycat Wed 17-Sep-08 12:15:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepycat Wed 17-Sep-08 12:16:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pamelat Wed 17-Sep-08 12:18:21

thank you, I like the name!!

Gosh 3 non sleepers. I am wondering if I got pregnant wink whether DH would let me wear ear plugs and get up with DD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now