Talk

Advanced search

refusal to nap

(3 Posts)
FiFi118 Tue 16-Sep-08 16:39:45

hi my 11 week old seems to fight sleep during the day, she used to nap quite well having 3 in the day but now she will cat nap throughout the day at random times! i have tried controlled crying which works sometimes but not always. any other ideas?

Podster Tue 16-Sep-08 19:02:53

No top tips, but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone grin. My dd used to be a regular as clockwork daytime sleeper and not so great at night and now she is a great night time sleeper and daytimes have gone pearshaped. Today she did 2 naps of 20 mins and 1 of 30, but has just gone down for the night without a murmur. I have tried everything, inc. cc and come to the conclusion that as long as I am consistent about putting her down regularly, follow the same routine, don't overstimulate etc. it will change when she is ready. Not great in the meantime as I don't have a moment to myself, but figure if she was able to do it once it will happen again.

whoisdoingthedishes Tue 16-Sep-08 23:49:52

I think your LO is too young for CC. maybe try shush/pat (from the baby whisperer). Rocking may also work well at this age, go for a walk, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now