Talk

Advanced search

Farty Baby!

(8 Posts)
Becky77 Mon 15-Sep-08 09:36:14

Hi there... Just a quick couple of questions about my farty DD (13 weeks)! She wakes herself up straining and farting at least once a night... Is this normal? Does it stop at some point? Is there anything I can do to help her as it sounds quite painful?

Thanks in advance

Becky77 Mon 15-Sep-08 12:05:23

Will no one help my farty baby? grin

finallypregnant Mon 15-Sep-08 17:39:56

Our boy is exactly the same which is why DH and I are in separate rooms as he needs to sleep for work. He's still doing it. No end to the farting here and he's 11 weeks this week.

hannahjb Mon 15-Sep-08 19:48:07

my son is still farting like billy 'o' and he's 4 1/2 years old, he wakes me up from his bedroom with his mammouth guffs and his 4 month old sister could join the trumpet trouser gang aswell!!!!

FeelingLucky Mon 15-Sep-08 19:51:13

My DD is 15m and still sometimes farts and cries in reaction to it. But then she will then fall back to sleep/doesn't wake from it, so not really a problem for us.

Becky77 Tue 16-Sep-08 09:20:28

Oh dear so there is no end in sight then? wink Is it caused by not winding enough or are some babies just farty? grin

Shooflypie Tue 16-Sep-08 09:30:11

God yes DS used to do this for about 2 hours every morning, accompanied by much groaning. Doctor said it was nothing to worry about and he wd grow out of it, which he did.
I used to sit him upright on my tummy, his back against my thighs and bicycle his legs a bit. He seemed to find it much easier to fart and poo in this position.

Now he's a few months older, if I can hear wind rumbling around inside, I put him on his front and that gets the farts out instantly!

(During the night he still does ripsnorters that startle DP and I, while DS sleeps blissfully through grin)

Becky77 Tue 16-Sep-08 09:35:38

Oh thanks for the tips

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now